- Test your smoke detector WEEKLY
- Change your batteries in your smoke detector TWICE a year
- Buy a new smoke detector every 10 years
- Be sure to keep matches & lighters in a safe place AWAY FROM CHILDREN!
- Tell your children: If they find matches or lighters, to tell an adult-
DON'T PICK THEM UP!
- If your clothes catch on fire:
- Practice fire drills in your home at least twice a year
- Have an Escape Plan with TWO WAYS OUT!
- DON'T SMOKE IN BED!
- NEVER leave candles or open flames unattended.
- Keep areas around your heater, dryer, and water heater clear
- Report broken or leaking fire hydrandts to the Fire Department
- Fire hydrants ARE NOT TOYS, don't play with them